Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Policy
This Data Protection Policy outlines the management of Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
This policy seeks to communicate the purposes for which NIVA American International School collects, uses, and/or discloses Personal Data. This policy states the agreement and consent given to NIVA American International School as well as authorized service providers and relevant third parties for collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing Personal Data as stated in this Data Protection Policy.
NIVA American International School may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. If any change is made to this policy, the updated policy will be published at https://www.niva.ac.th/pdpa-policy
1. Personal Data
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data or information from which a person can be identified.
2. Collection of Personal Data
The types of personal data we collect, use, or disclose, varies on the scope of products and/or services that are offered to or used by you. The types of personal data includes but is not limited to:
- Given name, middle name, surname, hidden name (if any)
- Date of birth
- Educational background
- Marital status
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Facsimile Number
- Name of representatives or authorized persons/directors acting on behalf of our customers
- Social media accounts
Identification details and authentication details
- Identification card photo
- Identification number, laser number (back of the identification card)
- Passport information
- Certificate/Alien ID information
- Driving license
Sensitive personal data
- Religion as shown on the identification card
- Blood type as shown in the identification card
- Biometric data (e.g. face recognition, fingerprint, voice recognition and retina recognition)
- Health data (e.g. data relating to weight, height, medical conditions)
- Criminal records
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
NIVA American International School may collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data in various ways, including, but not limited to the following:
- As part of the admission process
- Regular school-day and after-school activities
- Through the interaction with NIVA American International School staff for official purposes
- Maintaining regular communication with the school community at large
- Disseminating information regarding school programmes to the school community
- Ensuring that medical needs are met
- For the use of student data analysis and progress monitoring
- Provide education services, track progression of students and evaluate student’s suitability for a course
- Counseling and pastoral care
- NIVA Strategic Plan review, planning, and implementation
- During and maintaining various schools accreditations
- Review academic policies and guidelines
- Management of security and risk
- Marketing purposes (including posting photos in newsletters, publications, and on social media accounts)
- Internal and external audits
- Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Analysis of information to improve and develop the school's website
- Evaluative purposes
- Educational and student care purposes
- Administration purposes
- Verification and updating purposes
- Conducting financial reporting and analysis related to the center operations
- Financial collection processes
- Banking processes
- Managing the center infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures
- Archival of documents and records
- Legal representation
- Managing and terminating an employment relationship
- Security purposes
- Any Human Resources Department purposes
- Visa purposes
- Work permit purposes
- Any other purposes which the school may notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
Personal Data will be protected and kept confidential but is subject to the provisions of any applicable law. NIVA American International School may disclose your data to third parties that operate with NIVA.
We sometimes need to share your Personal Information with third parties (this can involve third parties disclosing Personal Information to us and us disclosing Personal Information to them).
These third parties may include, but are not limited to:
- RenWeb (FACTS) Software
- Learning A to Z (Reading A to Z)
- NWEA (MAP testing)
- College Board (Advance Placement (AP) Courses)
- Facebook (On the NIVA Facebook Page)
- Government agencies
- Field trip-related companies
- Insurance Companies
- Hospitals and clinics
- NIVA legal representation
- Accounting services
- Banking services
- School bus service companies
- ECA Companies or vendors
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We request that our third-party service providers use your personal data for their own purposes and ask them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. Administration and Management of Personal Data
NIVA American International School will take reasonable effort to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete. However, you must also update NIVA American International School of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided.
NIVA American International School will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating NIVA American International School of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided.
NIVA American International School will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, NIVA American International School cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond NIVA American International School’s control.
NIVA American International School retains personal data in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations. When NIVA American International School ceases retention, the personal data will be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
6. Withdrawal of Consent
Upon joining NIVA, all stakeholders are automatically opted-in for the school to use personal data, images, and/or videos as needed - including day-to-day student management and posting photos or videos in newsletters, publications, and on social media accounts.
Withdrawing consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data or images can be made in person at the NIVA American International School office by completing and signing a Withdrawal of Consent Form.
From such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, NIVA American International School will process the request and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request. Please note that with the withdrawal of consent to any or all use or disclosure of personal data, depending on the nature of the request, NIVA American International School may not be in a position to continue to provide the services or administer any contractual relationship that is in place. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of any agreement with NIVA American International School.
NIVA American International School’s legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such a case.
7. Access and Correction of Personal Data
Request can be made to have access to or make corrections to Personal Data records, but NIVA American International School has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing such a request. Such requests can be submitted in person at the office, by telephone or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Contacting NIVA American International School
For any question or complaint relating to the use or disclosure of Personal Data, or if more information about NIVA American International School data protection practices is needed, please contact NIVA Data Protection Officer in person at the office, by telephone or by email to email@example.com